Why Top Builders Choose SIPs
- Less Labor Needed
- Better for the Environment
- Healthier for the Customer
- Click for a one-page graphic why builders choose SIPs
Get Started with SIPs
- Study Building with SIPs: NEED TO KNOW and General Do's and Don'ts for Installing SIPs.
- Contact a reliable SIP manufacturer for procedures, training and field support.
- Start building your first SIP house. You'll never look back!
The Builders’ Landing page is designed to simplify website navigation for building professionals. Whether you are looking for technical details, educational resources or structural insulated panel manufacturers, SIPA is your source for all phases of SIP construction. Your expertise and passion for the craft of building means choosing a building system that matters. SIPs deliver higher-performing structures, more satisfied clients and end products that last.
Consider Your Time and Labor
Building with SIPs is the quickest method to reach the ever-increasing standards for air infiltration, R-values and continuous insulation. SIPs are easy to install, and they go up 50% faster than stick framing. SIPs reduce onsite framing, provide straight walls with fewer callbacks, leave less waste to be removed, and allow smaller HVAC equipment. SIP buildings often cost about the same as traditional stick frame, with increased SIP material cost offset by labor savings.
- Time-Motion Research Reports
- Magazine Article: Cut Labor Costs
- Example SIP Project: Less Labor
- Example SIP Project: Less Time and Labor
- SIP Connection Details
Consider Your Audience
More homeowners and businesses are asking for energy-efficient, sustainable structures that reflect a concern for the environment. SIPs provide superior strength against all elements and natural disasters, and the tighter envelope means significantly less air leakage for a healthier, more resilient building.
Consider Your Legacy
Adopt leading-edge building technology and help shape a better future. SIPs are more sustainable than stick frame from raw material consumption through waste reduction and ongoing energy savings. Many LEED Platinum, ENERGY STAR and net zero buildings start with structural insulated panels. Quality SIP construction is confirmed by low HERS ratings and blower door test scores. Take the lead in sustainable best practices, and take pride in building a legacy that lasts.
SIP Building Process Summary
- As always, understand what your client needs
- Design via your usual method or select existing SIP design
- Evaluate thermal needs to determine SIP thickness
- Decide SIP components – walls, roof, floor
- Get quote from SIP manufacturer
- SIP manufacturer converts design to SIP shop drawings
- SIPs manufactured per specification and delivered to jobsite