SIPA Building Excellence Awards 2019
Deadline January 11, 2019
The Structural Insulated Panel Association (SIPA) is hosted the seventeenth annual Building Excellence Awards to recognize association members that build exemplary projects using structural insulated panels (SIPs). The competition allowed SIPA members to showcase their best work while demonstrating the design flexibility, sustainability and energy efficiency possible with SIP construction.
Each entry will be judged on the following criteria:
- Design and structural engineering innovation.
- Creative use of SIP construction.
- Environmental sustainability.
New High Performance Category criteria:
- Projects can compete both here and in specific building type category.
- Only features pertaining to eco-efficiency, health, resilience, and renewable energy are considered here.
- Energy efficiency (quantified by HERS Index, blower door and other data).
- High Performance (any size or use category - judged only on special High Performance features or certifications.
- Single Family ‘Small House’ under 900 sq. ft.
- Single Family Homes over 3,000 sq. ft.
- Single Family Homes under 3,000 sq. ft.
- Commercial/Industrial/Institutional Buildings under 10,000 sq. ft.
- Commercial/Industrial/Institutional Buildings over 10,000 sq. ft.
- Renovations (residential or commercial, includes additions and retrofit insulated panels).
- Affordable Housing (excludes multifamily, home ownership cost must be at or below 30% of median income for location)
Who is Eligible?
- The submitting company must be a current SIPA member in good standing.
- Structural insulated panels must be used on a minimum of 50% of the building envelope, determined by square footage of exterior walls and roof.
- The SIPs used on the project must be provided by a SIPA member manufacturer.
- Installers, designers or other parties involved in the project who are not SIPA members will not be recognized in awards materials. However, builders or architects may apply for membership with their entry, but must be full members in good standing prior to the closing date for the entry to receive recognition.
- Project must be completed between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 Winning Entries.
- One winner will be chosen from each category. From the category winners, an Overall Competition Winner and a Runner-Up will be named.
- Judges may hand out Honorable Mentions at their discretion.
- Winners will be recognized at the 2019 SIPA SelectSIPs Expo in Phoenix, Arizona.
- SIPA will promote the winning entries on the SIPA website and issue a press release to outside media.
- Member companies may make multiple entries, but a separate entry form must be completed for each entry (except for same project also submitted to High Performance category).
- SIPA has the right to use the photos to promote SIPs to the construction industry. All entries will be displayed on the SIPA website.
- The deadline for entries is January 11, 2019. All entries must be received at the SIPA office on or before that date.
Click here to download the 2019 Building Excellence Awards Application Form
Entries can be submitted online
Go to www.sips.org homepage and login using your member ID and Password. Then click on the "Buidling Excellence Awards Forms" option in the right hand margin:
Then click on the "Begin Application" button
All entries are the same as in the PDF form. Photos and support documents can be uploaded electronically through the website.