Zero Energy SIP House Whitewebs Greenbank WA
Location: Greenbank, WA
|Project Type:||Residential, < 3,000 sq. ft.|
|Manufacturer:||Premier Building Systems|
|Builder:||Clifton View Homes|
|Design Professional:||Zero Energy Plans|
|HERS/EUI Index Score:||50|
|ACH50 - Blower Test Results:||0.9|
Awards/Certifications: DOE Zero Energy Ready Home
• DOE Zero Energy Ready Home Path: Performance.
• Walls: R-25: 6.5" SIP walls, draining house wrap, fiber cement plank siding.
• Roof: R-40: 10.25” SIPs, 30# felt, comp. shingles, R-40 assembly.
• Attic: Cathedral ceilings, small mechanical attic above upstairs bath in conditioned space.
• Foundation: Slab-on-grade, 4" R-20 rigid foam under slab, 2" R-10 rigid foam on inside of stem wall down to the footing, over 2" pea gravel and 6-mil poly vapor barrier.
• Windows: Triple-pane, low-e, U=0.20.
• HERS: 50.
• Air Sealing: 0.9 ACH 50.
• Ventilation: Continuous bath exhaust, fresh air intake with HEPA filter, timered range fan.
• HVAC: Ductless heat pump, 10.0 HSPF, 21 SEER.
• Hot Water: 94% efficient electric water heater.
• Lighting: 100% LED or CFL.
• Appliances: ENERGY STAR refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer, clothes dryer.
• Solar: Pre-wired for PV.
• Water Conservation: All low-flow faucets & fixtures.
• Energy Management System: “None required, this house manages itself!”
• Other Measures: Designed and wired for 10.26-kW PV and electric car charging station. SIPs will withstand an 8.0 earthquake.
DOE project link: Zero Energy SIP House Whitewebs Greenbank WA
To explore other Zero Energy Ready Homes, visit the Department of Energy’s Tour of Zero page.