Zero Energy Ready SIP Power House Bellingham WA
Location: Bellingham, WA
|Project Type:||Residential, < 3,000 sq. ft.|
|Manufacturer:||Premier Building Systems|
|Builder:||TC Legend Homes|
|HERS/EUI Index Score:||-12|
|ACH50 - Blower Test Results:||0.64|
Awards/Certifications: DOE Zero Energy Ready Home, ENERGY STAR Certified, EPA Indoor AirPLUS
• Name: Bellingham Power House
• Location: Bellingham, WA
• Layout: 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 floors
• Conditioned Space: 2,781 ft2
• Climate Zone: IECC 4C, marine
• Completion: March 2015
• Category: Custom
Modeled Performance Data:
• HERS Index: without PV 34, with PV -12
• Projected Annual Utility Costs: without PV $883, with PV $-191
• Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings (compared to a home built to the 2012 IECC) without PV $557, with PV $1,586
• Builder’s Added Cost Over 2012 IECC: without PV $7-11/ft2 , with PV $21-25/ft2
• Annual Energy Savings: without PV 30 MMBtu, with PV -11 MMBtu
• DOE Zero Energy Ready Home Path: Performance
• Walls: 8" SIPs (R-30); house wrap; fiber cement siding.
• Roof: 12" (R-46) SIPs; standing-seam steel roofing.
• Attic: 12” (R-46) SIPs.
• Foundation: ICF walls (R-28); rigid foam under slab (R-20).
• Windows: Triple-pane; argon-filled; vinylframed; low-e; U=0.16; SHGC=0.50.
• Air Sealing: 0.64 ACH 50.
• Ventilation: HRV; 4" earth tube.
• HVAC: Air-to-water heat pump; COP 4.4; radiant floor heat.
• Lighting: 100% LED.
• Appliances: ENERGY STAR-rated refrigerator, clothes washer, and dishwasher.
• Solar: 9.9 kW PV.
• Water Conservation: EPA WaterSenserated toilets; low-flow fixtures; rainwater collection for irrigation; native plants.
• Other: Energy management system; electric car-charging station; passive solar design; accessory apartment; low-VOC.
To explore other Zero Energy Ready Homes, visit the Department of Energy’s Tour of Zero page.