Zero Energy Ready SIP Above-Garage ADU Coupeville WA
Location: Coupeville, WA
|Project Type:||Residential, Tiny House < 900 sq. ft|
|Manufacturer:||Premier Building Systems|
|Builder:||Clifton View Homes|
|HERS/EUI Index Score:||41|
|ACH50 - Blower Test Results:||2.88|
Awards/Certifications: Zero Energy Ready
• Layout: 1 bdrm, 1 bath, 2 fls, 694 ft2
• Climate: IECC 4C, marine
• Completed: July 2020
• Category: Attached Housing
• Annual Energy Costs: without PV $400
• Annual Energy Cost Savings: (vs typical new homes) without PV $600
• Annual Energy Savings: without PV 7,500 kWh
• Savings in the First 30 Years: without PV $25,000
• Walls: SIPs, R-29 total: 6.5" SIPs, draining house wrap, fiber cement siding.
• Roof: SIPs, R-44 total: fiber cement 10.25" GPS SIPs over trusses; synthetic underlayment; composition shingles and standing seam metal roofing.
• Attic: No attic, vaulted ceilings.
• Foundation: Slab on grade, R-20 under slab. R-38 fiberglass batts in joists over garage.
• Windows: Triple-pane, argon-filled, low-e3, vinyl frame, U=0.16-0.18, SHGC=0.34-0.44.
• Air Sealing: 2.88 ACH50, continuous SIP envelope with all joints sealed.
• Ventilation: Range fan timered with fresh air intake thru MERV 19 HEPA filter for balanced ventilation and night-time cooling. Timered bath fans.
• HVAC: Ducted mini-split heat pump, 10.3 HSPF, 17 SEER, passive solar design.
• Hot Water: Heat pump, 80-gal, 2.33 EF.
• Lighting: 100% LED, dimmers, daylighting.
• Appliances: ENERGY STAR dishwasher, clothes washer, refrigerator.
• Solar: Solar ready; conduit in place from roof to electrical panel.
• Water Conservation: Low-flow fixtures; compact plumbing; PEX piping; storm-water management.
• Energy Management System: N/A
• Other: EV charging; zero-VOC finishes; recycled content roofing, siding, trim.