Springman Lake SIP Residence Okoboji IA
Location: Okoboji, IA
|Residential, > 3,000 sq. ft.
|Energy Panel Structures
|O'Keefe Design Associates
|HERS/EUI Index Score:
|ACH50 - Blower Test Results:
The lot that this home was built upon had setbacks of 5 feet along each side of the house to the property line. SIPs allowed the home to be constructed in fewer steps and in a more "neighbor-friendly" manner. Additionally, the ability to erect a structure and immediately be able to heat it during the winter for subcontractors to work on the mechanics of the house, is a great asset of the SIP construction.
Innovative design elements or structural engineering involved are: The second story of the home is an engineered in-room truss with four separate dormers. Several girder trusses were upwards of 1,000 pounds to carry the load of the upper level ridge beams. These allowed for a completely vaulted second story lounge with 13 foot ceilings. The roof engineering and truss work is second to none!
- Building Plans: Springman-Lake-SIP-Home-Residence-Okobji-IA-1of4.pdf
- Building Plans: Springman-Lake-SIP-Home-Residence-Okobji-IA-2of4.pdf
- Building Plans: Springman-Lake-SIP-Home-Residence-Okobji-IA-3of4.pdf
- Building Plans: Springman-Lake-SIP-Home-Residence-Okobji-IA-40f4.pdf
- Building Plans: Springman-Lake-SIP-Home-Residence-Okobji-IA-Blueprint.pdf
- Other: Springman-Lake-SIP-Home-Residence-Okobji-IA-Brochure.pdf
- Other: Springman-Lake-SIP-Home-Residence-Okobji-IA-reports-2.pdf
- Other: Springman-Lake-SIP-Home-Residence-Okobji-IA-reports.pdf
- Other: Springman-Lake-SIP-Home-Residence-Okobji-IA-SIPA.pdf