SIPA Online Learning Unit: SIP LAYOUT AND PANEL INSTALLATION
- COURSE ID: BESTS07-OD
- AIA CREDIT: 0.5 CEU credit hour (HSW)
- VIDEO LENGTH: 29:47
Summary:This lesson provides an overview on how to install SIPs. Topics include tools and techniques, site management and how to tailor the SIP installation to each specific project.
Learning Objectives: SIP LAYOUT AND PANEL INSTALLATION
- Summarize how to prepare for a SIP installation including panel prep, preassembly and bracing requirements
- Understand and explain the importance of labeling the areas that will need attention after panel installation
- Summarize how to select the correct tools and techniques for each specific project
- Describe how to work efficiently with other trades on site
- Recognize the importance of sealing gaps as panels are installed
- Prepare for and adjust work needs for varying weather conditions
Click here for the SIP LAYOUT AND PANEL INSTALLATION video.
After watching the video, return to this page and click here to take the 10-question SIP LAYOUT AND PANEL INSTALLATION test. You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test. Your Continuing Education credit will be reported to AIA if you include an AIA number when you sign in for the quiz.
Thank you for your interest in Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs).