SIPA Online Learning Unit: SIP FINISH MATERIALS AND DETAILING
- COURSE ID: BESTS09-OD
- AIA CREDIT: 1.0 CEU credit hour/HSW
- VIDEO LENGTH: 28:28
Summary: This training video outlines how to apply finish materials and properly detail SIP projects. Topics include siding choices and fastening procedures, window and door installation and back-ventilation techniques.
Learning Objectives: SIP FINISH MATERIALS AND DETAILING
- Identify appropriate detailing systems for a SIPs building
- Understand the importance of controlling bulk water and describe the techniques used to do this
- Explain back-ventilation techniques for cladding systems, and identify when these are necessary
- Differentiate between various siding and roofing selections, as well as understand the fastening requirements for each choice
Click here for the SIP FINISH MATERIALS AND DETAILING video.
After watching the video, return to this page and click here to take the 10-question SIP FINISH MATERIALS AND DETAILING test. You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test. Your Continuing Education credit will be reported to AIA if you include an AIA number with test sign-in.
Thank you for your interest in Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs).