Online Learning: Residential Design with SIPs
- COURSE ID: SIPs R101
- AIA CREDIT: One CEU credit hour/HSW
Summary: This course will explain the benefits of designing with structural insulated panels (SIPs) for residential applications. The designer will gain a better understanding of application, assembly and detailing in order to properly utilize SIPs for optimum energy efficiency and durability. Through case studies and design strategies, the designer will walk away from the course with a better understanding of designing for current industry standards with SIPs.
Learning Objectives: RESIDENTIAL DESIGN WITH SIPS
By completing this course, the design professional will be able to:
- Describe and define SIPs and their residential application
- Explain energy-efficient design strategies utilizing SIPs
- Find and utilize the SIP industry's DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS and BEST PRACTICES resources
- List and describe current industry assembly standards
After watching the video, return to this page and click here to take the 10-question RESIDENTIAL DESIGN WITH SIPS test. You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test. Your Continuing Education credit will be reported to AIA if you include an AIA number when signing in for the test.