Online Learning: Introduction to SIPs
- COURSE ID: BESTS01-OD
- AIA CREDIT: One CEU credit hour (HSW)
- VIDEO LENGTH: 51:37
Summary: SIPschool founder Al Cobb introduces structural insulated panels (SIPs). Topics include the early and recent history of SIPs, the anatomy of a SIP, common applications of SIPs, and SIP manufacturing.
Learning Objectives: INTRODUCTION TO SIPS
- Summarize how SIPs have evolved since the original concept in 1935 with a focus on how they have become more energy-efficient
- Identify how SIPA has impacted the use of SIPs
- Describe the anatomy of a SIP and how SIPs are used in commercial and residential envelope construction
- Understand the process of manufacturing SIPs
- Compare and contrast the different types of cores and skins used in SIPs
After watching the video, return to this page and click here to take the 10-question INTRODUCTION TO SIPS test. You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test. Your Continuing Education credit will be reported to AIA if you include an AIA number during test sign-in.
Study Guide: Introduction to SIPs
Thank you for your interest in Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs).