SIPA Online Learning Unit: INTRODUCTION TO SIPS
- COURSE ID: BESTS01-OD
- AIA CREDIT: One CEU credit hour (HSW)
- VIDEO LENGTH: 51:37
Summary: SIPschool founder Al Cobb introduces structural insulated panels (SIPs). Topics include the early and recent history of SIPs, the anatomy of a SIP, common applications of SIPs, and SIP manufacturing.
Learning Objectives: INTRODUCTION TO SIPS
- Summarize how SIPs have evolved since the original concept in 1935 with a focus on how they have become more energy-efficient
- Identify how SIPA has impacted the use of SIPs
- Describe the anatomy of a SIP and how SIPs are used in commercial and residential envelope construction
- Understand the process of manufacturing SIPs
- Compare and contrast the different types of cores and skins used in SIPs
Click here for the INTRODUCTION TO SIPS video.
After watching the video, return to this page and click here to take the 10-question INTRODUCTION TO SIPS test. You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test. Your Continuing Education credit will be reported to AIA if you include an AIA number during test sign-in.
Thank you for your interest in Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs).