SIPA Online Learning Unit: Integrating Mechanical Systems with SIPs
- COURSE ID: BESTS08-OD
- AIA CREDIT: One CEU credit hour/HSW
- VIDEO LENGTH: 49:35
Summary: In this lesson, SIPschool founder Al Cobb explains on how to integrate mechanical systems into a SIPs project. Topics include working with mechanicals trades, HVAC analysis and how to control pressure conditions that can lead to backdrafting of combustion appliances.
Learning Objectives: INTEGRATING MECHANICAL SYSTEMS WITH SIPS
- Recognize the importance of pre-construction meetings and layout reviews in order to work efficiently with other trades
- Understand how the work of other trades relates to the SIP package as a system
- Explain specifically how to integrate electrical and plumbing work into SIP installation
- Understand the importance of an HVAC analysis and how it should affect the SIP project
- Describe how indoor pollutants can be controlled with mechanical ventilation
- Identify the purpose of blower door and duct testing
- Summarize how to avoid back-drafting of combustion appliances
After watching the video, return to this page and click here to take the 10-question INTEGRATING MECHANICAL SYSTEMS WITH SIPS test. You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test. Your Continuing Education credit will be reported to AIA if you include an AIA number when you log in for the test.