Online Learning: Commercial Design with SIPs
- COURSE ID: SIPS101-C
- AIA CREDIT: One CEU credit hour/HSW
Summary: This course discusses the benefits of commercial building design with structural insulated panels (SIPs), including energy savings, waste minimization and other sustainable contributions. The designer will gain a better understanding of how to properly utilize SIPs.
Learning Objectives: COMMERCIAL DESIGN WITH SIPS
By completing this course the design professional will be able to:
- Discuss the basics of SIPs, including their composition, common engineering methods, applicable codes and standards, and how SIPs contribute to sustainable design
- Identify the energy-efficient characteristics of SIPs and how they improve whole building energy efficiency
- Describe the waste reducing and product life cycle benefits of building with SIPs relative to traditional wood framing
- Explain how SIPs contribute to better indoor air quality through a reduction in both air infiltration and interior off-gassing
After watching the video, return to this page and click here to take the 10-question COMMERCIAL DESIGN WITH SIPS test. You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test. Your Continuing Education credit will be reported to AIA if you include an AIA number with quiz sign-in.