Online Learning: Basic SIP Design and Engineering
- COURSE ID: BESTS02-OD
- AIA CREDIT: One CEU credit hour (HSW)
- VIDEO LENGTH: 57:02
Summary: This unit covers the fundamental information necessary to design and engineer a SIP building. Topics include which architectural styles are best suited for SIPs and how to tailor SIPs to best suit the needs of the building.
Learning Objectives: BASIC SIP DESIGN AND ENGINEERING
- Recognize SIP-friendly architectural styles
- Explain the details of how SIPs should be used in floors and walls, how to determine the thickness of each SIP and the correct connections to use
- Describe how bevel cuts and square cuts are made, and understand when each should be used
- Identify when to use certain types of roof SIPs support; compare and contrast single ridge beams, cantilevered ridges, purlin/ mid-span beams
After watching the video, return to this page and click here to take the 10-question BASIC SIP DESIGN AND ENGINEERING test. You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test. Your Continuing Education credit will be reported to AIA if you include an AIA number during test sign-in.