SIP House Dexter MI
Location: Dexter, MI
|Residential, > 3,000 sq. ft.
|HERS/EUI Index Score:
|ACH50 - Blower Test Results:
Awards/Certifications: Building Excellence Awards
SIPs meant that the envelope of the home could be constructed in 10 days by 2 people and a fork lift and result in 7" of solid foam on the walls and 11" of solid foam on the roof and NO THERMAL BRIDGING. The owner/designer/builder required a high R-value building envelope with no thermal bridging and was doing his own install. He chose SIPs over other forms of construction such as advanced framing techniques, double wall construction and exterior rigid insulation because SIPs meant he could frame his shell + insulation with just the help of his Dad and a fork lift in just 10 days. Any other option with the same help and fork lift meant at least a month to frame and that wouldn't even include insulation.
- Building Plans: Single-Family-SIP-Residence-Dexter-MI-Blueprint.pdf
- Building Plans: Single-Family-SIP-Residence-Dexter-MI-Blueprint1.pdf
- Building Plans: Single-Family-SIP-Residence-Dexter-MI-Blueprint2.pdf
- Building Plans: Single-Family-SIP-Residence-Dexter-MI-Blueprint3.pdf
- Building Plans: Single-Family-SIP-Residence-Dexter-MI-Blueprint4.pdf
- Other: Single-Family-SIP-Residence-Dexter-MI-App.pdf