Energy Efficient SIP House Seattle WA
Location: Seattle, WA
|Project Type:||Residential, < 3,000 sq. ft.|
|Manufacturer:||Premier Building Systems|
|Builder:||TC Legend Homes|
|HERS/EUI Index Score:||-2|
|ACH50 - Blower Test Results:||0.6|
Awards/Certifications: DOE Zero Energy Ready Home, ENERGY STAR Certified, EPA Indoor AirPLUS
• Name: 19th Avenue
• Location: Seattle, WA
• Layout: 4 bdrm, 2.5 bath, 2 fl, 2,463 ft2
• Climate Zone: IECC 4C, marine
• Completion: May 2016
• Category: custom for buyer
Modeled Performance Data:
• HERS Index: without PV 44, with PV -2
• Projected Annual Energy Costs: without PV $1,053, with PV $25
• Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings (vs home built to 2012 IECC): without PV $811, with PV $1,889
• Projected Annual Energy Savings: without PV 9,453 kWh, with PV 20,993 kWh
• Added Construction Cost: without PV $0
• Walls: R-29, 6" SIP taped at all interior and exterior joints, fiber cement siding.
• Roof: R-42, 10" SIP taped at all interior and exterior joints. Ice-and-water shield, asphalt shingles.
• Attic: None.
• Foundation: R-23 ICF stem walls, R-20 rigid foam under slab.
• Windows: Triple-pane, vinyl-framed, low-e windows, U=0.21.
• Air Sealing: 0.60 ACH 50
• Ventilation: Timered exhaust fans.
• HVAC: Evacuated tube solar hot water and 4.5 COP air-to-water heat pump for in-floor radiant hydronic heat.
• Hot Water: Air-to-water heat pump, 4.5 COP.
• Lighting: 100% LED
• Appliances: ENERGY STAR refrigerator, clothes washer, range hood; induction cooktop.
• Solar: 9.5-kW PV, evacuated tube solar hot water.
• Water Conservation: Low-flow fixtures; centrally located water heater.
• Other: Low-VOC paints and finishes. Electric car charging station.
DOE Link to this project: Energy Efficient SIP House Seattle WA
To explore other Zero Energy Ready Homes, visit the Department of Energy’s Tour of Zero page.