SIPA Online Learning Unit: SIP BUILDING SCIENCE
- COURSE ID: BESTS04-OD
- AIA CREDIT: 1.0 CEU credit hour/HSW
- VIDEO LENGTH: 39:32
Summary: Building science concerns the flow of energy and moisture through buildings. In this lesson, SIPschool founder Al Cobb examines the building science behind SIPs.
Learning Objectives: SIP BUILDING SCIENCE
- Explain what building science is and summarize what is meant by the term “house as a system.”
- Summarize how and why energy, moisture and vapor move through a structure and why it is important to control this flow
- Detail roof and wall venting in a SIPs building, and explain where, why and how we should do it
- Define dew point and understand how condensation can form in buildings
- Identify the key areas in a SIPs building where heat loss and condensation potential must be controlled
After watching the video, return to this page and click here to take the 10-question SIP BUILDING SCIENCE test. You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test. Your Continuing Education credit will be reported to AIA if you include an AIA number when you sign in for the test.
Thank you for your interest in Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs).