Semiahmoo Net Positive SIP House Blaine WA
Location: Blaine, WA
|Residential, > 3,000 sq. ft.
|Premier Building Systems
|TC Legend Homes
|Zero-Energy Home Plans in coordination w/ TC Legend Homes
|HERS/EUI Index Score:
|ACH50 - Blower Test Results:
Awards/Certifications: DOE Zero Energy Ready Home, ENERGY STAR Certified, EPA Indoor AirPLUS
Single Family Residential. Semiahmoo Net Positive is a "forever home" for a family retiring to the Pacific Northwest. Our clients were seeking a net zero home - one that would produce at least as much energy as it would consume.
Single Family Residential. Semiahmoo Net Positive is a "forever home" for a family retiring to the Pacific Northwest. Our clients were seeking a net zero home - one that would produce at least as much energy as it would consume. SIPs were the logical choice for creating the highly insulated, air-tight envelope needed to achieve net zero in the Pacific Northwest. SIPs always make for a more efficient build, in terms of saving time on labor during construction and saving energy for the client, once the home is ready to occupy. This home features:
- A Tatami room, bringing an element of the Far East into this otherwise Western-style home. This will serve as a simple gathering space or a place for meditation.
- An elevator to facilitate aging-in-place
- A simple rectangular design to minimize exposed surface area
- Orientation and window placement to optimize active and passive solar
- Slab on grade with 4” foam under-slab insulation
- Insulated concrete forms
- Triple-pane windows
- High-efficiency air-source mini-split heat pumps (5 heads) for heating/cooling
- High-efficiency heat pump hot water heater
- HERS rating of - 3 (positive energy, more than it uses)
- Air leakage blower door test rating of 0.35
To explore other Zero Energy Ready Homes, visit the Department of Energy’s Tour of Zero page.
- Building Plans: Semiahmoo-Net-Zero-SIP-House-Blaine-WA-Floor-plans.pdf
- Other: Semiahmoo-Net-Zero-SIP-House-Blaine-WA-App.pdf