Zero Energy Ready SIP Neohouse Bellevue WA
Location: Bellevue, WA
|Project Type:||Residential, < 3,000 sq. ft.|
|Manufacturer:||Premier Building Systems|
|Builder:||TC Legend Homes|
|HERS/EUI Index Score:||-22|
|ACH50 - Blower Test Results:||0.47|
Awards/Certifications: DOE Zero Energy Ready Home, ENERGY STAR Certified, EPA Indoor AirPLUS
• Layout: 4 bdrm, 3 bath, 2 fls, 2,614 ft2
• Climate: IECC 4C, marine
• Completed: February 2021
• Category: Custom for Buyer <3,000 ft2
• HERS Index: without PV 35; with PV -22
• Annual Energy Costs: without PV $700; with PV -$350
• Annual Energy Cost Savings: (vs typical new homes) without PV $1,500; with PV $2,550
• Annual Energy Savings: without PV 12,100 kWh; with PV 24,300 kWh
• Savings in the First 30 Years: without PV $61,700; with PV $103,500
• Walls: SIPs, R-30: 6.5" graphite SIP panel (R-29), house wrap, fiber cement.
• Roof: SIP gable roof: 10.25" R-49 graphite-EPS SIPs, asphalt composite roofing.
• Attic: No attic, vaulted ceilings.
• Foundation: R-23.6 Slab on grade: 11.25" ICF stem walls.
• Windows: Triple-pane, argon-filled, low-e3, vinyl frame, U=0.15-0.22, SHGC=0.27-0.46.
• Air Sealing: 0.47 ACH50, all SIP joints taped and sealed with double-bead mastic tape. Whole-house aerosol sealant.
• Ventilation: HRV, HEPA filter, CO? sensor, 88 SRE, 110 CFM, 32 Watts.
• HVAC: Air-to-water heat pump with 50% central air handler, 50% radiant, 3.92 COP, AC variable speed compressor, 23.02 EER.
• Hot Water: Combi air-to-water heat pump for space and water heating, 50-gal, 3.92 COP, electric tankless back-up water heater.
• Lighting: 100% LED.
• Appliances: ENERGY STAR refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer.
• Solar: 12.87 kW, rooftop panels.
• Water Conservation: EPA WaterSense fixtures, rainwater collection system.
• Energy Management System: PV production and usage monitoring.
• Other: EV charging, accessible floorplan, doorways. No-VOC paint, cabinets.
To explore other Zero Energy Ready Homes, visit the Department of Energy’s Tour of Zero page.