Zero Energy Ready SIP House Seattle WA
Location: Seattle, WA
|Project Type:||Residential, > 3,000 sq. ft.|
|Manufacturer:||Premier Building Systems|
|Builder:||TC Legend Homes|
|HERS/EUI Index Score:||41|
|ACH50 - Blower Test Results:||0.48|
Awards/Certifications: Zero Energy Ready
• Layout: 4 bdrm, 4 bath, 3 fl + bsmt, 3,160 ft2
• Climate: IECC 4C, marine
• Completed: December 2017
• Category: custom for buyer
MODELED PERFORMANCE DATA
• HERS Index: without PV 41; with PV 0
• Annual Energy Costs: without PV $1,400; with PV $100
• Annual Energy Cost Savings: (vs typical new homes) without PV $2,300; with PV $3,550
• Annual Energy Savings: without PV 11,500 kWh; with PV 21,650 kWh
• Savings in the First 30 Years: $156,700
Walls: R-29 6.5" graphite SIPs; fiber cement siding, mastic air sealing at all joints and panels, R-30 spray foam on rim joists.
• Roof: R-49 10.25" SIPs.
• Attic: Vaulted ceilings.
• Foundation: Slab on grade; 4" R-20 EPS under slab; ICF stem walls, R-23 perimeter insulation. Stained concrete floors.
• Windows: Triple-pane, low-e, argon-filled, wood frames; U=0.14, SHGC=0.35.
• Air Sealing: 0.48 ACH 50.
• Ventilation: HRV, MERV 13 filter.
• HVAC: Air-to-water heat pump, 4.5 COP.
• Hot Water: Air-to-water heat pump, 4.5 COP.
• Lighting: 100% LED, daylighting.
• Appliances: ENERGY STAR refrigerator and clothes washer. Induction range; condensing clothes dryer.
• Solar: 9.9-kW PV system.
• Water Conservation: 10,000-gallon rainwater storage for potable water.
• Energy Management System: Wireless PV and energy usage monitor.
• Other: 2 electric car charging stations. Low- or no-VOC products. No PVC. Passive solar design. Capable of 6 weeks off-grid for power and water.