Are you a real estate professional or lender looking to better understand the benefits of SIPs? Scroll down for basic SIP information and marketplace reports.
Do you need to convince someone that Structural Insulated Panels are the best choice for a specific building project? If cost is the issue, look through the various analyses comparing SIPs with traditional framing. SIP buildings often cost the same as traditional stick frame buildings, with the higher SIP material cost offset by labor savings.
For other building concerns, select the short video that addresses that objection.
Videos: Common Objections to SIPs
These Common Objections snippets support owners, designers and builders who find resistance from suppliers who are unfamiliar with SIPs. Click on the appropriate topic for a short video:
#6 Termites & Carpenter Ants
#7 Noise & Acoustics
#8 Ease of Modification
#9 Design Flexibility
#10 Untrained Workforce
#11 Code Approval
#12 Building Better
#13 Mold and Moisture
#14 Never Too Tight
Real Estate Market Trends
Recent studies confirm these marketplace trends:
- Energy use matters
- Many homebuyers will pay more for a healthy, durable, sustainable home
- More building codes and standards are referencing the carbon footprint of commercial structures
- HIgh-performance building and zero-energy homes are growing exponentially
Here is a sampling of recent studies and reports on the green and sustainable building markets:
- Appraisal Valuation of Green and High-Performance Commercial Property
- Appraisal Valuation of Green and High-Performance Residential Property
- DOE Report Home Energy Efficiency for Real Estate Professionals Apr2017
- High-Performance Homes Command Better Sales Price
- NAHB Green Homes SmartMarket Brief 2020
- Presentation: Market Research on Consumers and Green Homes
- Resilient Housing ebook Green Builder Media
- Zero Energy Residential Inventory 2019 - 2020
Click here for the latest Zero Energy Inventory of Commercial Buildings.
Technical Explanations for Realtors and Appraisers
Explore further for technical explanations of how SIPs deliver: