Getting to Zero Forum 2019
SIPA is a 2019 Sponsor
Click here to visit the event website for more information and to register
Register Now for the 2019 Getting to Zero Forum
SIPA members and supporter can use the promo code: GTZ19SIPA10 to receive 10% off registration fees. Click the "Enter Promo Code" link on the registration page to enter the code and the pricing will update automatically.
SIPA is proud to support the 2019 Getting to Zero Forum. Join us October 9-11 in Oakland along with leading designers, owners, operators, commercial real estate professionals, policymakers, manufacturers and others to share perspectives on the growth of zero energy (ZE) and zero carbon buildings, discuss the policies driving new projects, engage in best practices for successful outcomes and collaborate on opportunities for ZE to transform the built environment.
Find out more online at https://gettingtozeroforum.org/
The ecosystem around getting to zero energy and carbon is rich and dynamic. There are many different audiences and roles that professionals working in this market occupy and we know it’s difficult to fully define all the important topics. The following categories that represent the broad aspects of this work and will be reflected in the 2019 program:
- Design, Build, Operate, Renovate. This topic hones in on best practices for repeatable zero energy and zero carbon building solutions in both new and existing buildings for the commercial and residential sectors. Also covers how to communicate, contract, and capture the value-add of zero energy/carbon, and strategies for educating an advanced technologies workforce.
- Policies for Getting to Zero Energy & Carbon. This category focuses on how state and local governments are leading in zero energy and zero carbon buildings by implementing smart zero energy and carbon codes, policies, and ordinances. Also covers the creation of non-financial incentives, and how to unlock the value of off-site solar options.
- Grid-Integrated Buildings. This topic examines the rewards–both in terms of financial gain and resiliency benefits–and challenges of grid-integrated buildings across portfolios, campuses, and districts. Taps into the value of demand flexibility, distributed energy resources, on-site storage, electric vehicle integration, and peak energy shifting.
- Building Decarbonization & Electrification. A deep dive into the carbon mitigation impacts of zero energy and zero carbon buildings (both commercial and residential), this category addresses embodied carbon, electrification, and how to incorporate decarbonization strategies into deep energy retrofits.
- Development & Finance. This topic area explores new and creative financing mechanisms that make projects happen ranging from public-private partnerships to energy savings performance contracts, utility-financing models, options beyond PACE, and how policymakers can develop clean energy funds and green banks.
The Oakland Marriott City Center is located at 1001 Broadway, Oakland, California 94607. Phone: 510-451-4000.
The area around the hotel is very walkable and public transportation to and from our venue is encouraged.
Click here to register now