The DOE Race to Zero Student Design Competition will be held at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colorado.
Below are key dates for the 2017 competition:
- June 30, 2016 - Release of 2017 Race to Zero Competition Guide and team application opens.
- November 1, 2016 - All teams must complete the team application by 5 p.m. EDT and are encouraged to submit a 3-page design concept.
- July 2016 to February 2017 - Webinars and building science training available.
- February 28, 2017 - The deadline by which teams must complete the Project Progress Report. Also the deadline by which student team members confirm completion of Building Science Training.
- April 4, 2017 - The deadline by which teams must upload their final Project Report Submittals.
- April 22-23, 2017 - Invited teams compete with presentations to industry leaders at NREL.