DOE Challenge Home Training Seminar, August 9, Winchester, Virginia
On August 9, SIPA and R-Control SIP manufacturer Mid-Atlantic Foam will host a half-day seminar providing a comprehensive review of the new U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Challenge Home requirements.
Where: Holliday Inn Express, 142 Foxridge Lane, Winchester, Virginia
When: August 9, 8:00am – 12:00pm
Register: Online in advance of seminar, space is limited
As the successor to the popular Builder’s Challenge program, the DOE Challenge Home establishes a new level of home energy performance. The Challenge Home label is designed to let consumers know that a home is zero net-energy-ready and that it has passed thorough inspections for indoor air quality and durability.
This seminar will provide builders with an overview of zero net-energy-ready home construction, including the business case, detailed specifications, and opportunities to be recognized as an industry leader in their local market.
In the process, attendees will learn the answers to the following questions:
- What is the future of housing and why is it headed toward net zero energy?
- What new business approach is critical for builders in a slow housing market?
- What components define a truly zero net-energy ready home?
- How are builders offering zero net-energy ready homes today at market-based prices?
- Why are zero net-energy ready homes often the lowest cost option for homebuyers?
- What eight compelling value propositions are unique to zero net-energy ready homes?
- How can zero net-energy ready homes substantially lower home builders’ risks?
- How can zero net-energy ready homes be constructed with readily available, tried-and-true technologies and practices?
- How can builders achieve significant recognition for providing zero net-energy ready performance?
- What local resources are available to assist home builders with zero net-energy ready projects?